What is Fixed Website Design?
There are many choices to make while you are developing a site for your company. Many questions arise in your mind regarding content quality, e-commerce, images, etc.. However, a frequent question that comes to mind is whether the website should have a fluid or fixed layout? Each option has its pros and cons. However, the ultimate choice is dependent upon usability. You can visit websites of some companies that are well known to provide superior site design in Brisbane. With all the confusion, it’s essential to take the perfect decision. By considering few factors, it is possible to finally have a successful design design that will web design reap all benefits.
In this kind of Design layout, the width of the full webpage is set to a specific numerical value. It is a professional approach where designer should specify the width of the page in spite of the size of their browser window. Some popular examples of these websites like CNN, Yahoo etc.. No matter what screen resolution the visitor has, they will see the same width as other people. Designers using a print background often prefer them, as it remains consistent across browsers.
The fixed design is all about once the width of your website is quantified and designed by a certain pixel width. As its name describes, this design is fixed and is put to an immovable width; this is true no matter the user’s resolution, screen size and browser used. With the fixed design, it means that the web browser will not be able to alter the format text of the layout as they web design vancouver see fit. This is the most popular and common option for website design. With this design the width of the content is contained and stays fixed no matter what. This option is also known as the wrapper and container. This is the ideal design for those websites with a great deal of pictures, pictures and graphics. This can be beneficial because the images will always remain the same and won’t leave the page looking cluttered and messy.
This type of design will ensure that the webpage remains the same width no matter which screen you view the website on. This is a better choice for pictures, as a lot of text can annoy the users especially if their screens are smaller than the one the website was originally designed on. This will result in the annoying task of scrolling from left to right so to keep on reading the text. This annoyance is frequently the biggest grievance against fixed website design.
Benefits of Fixed Website Design:
- You can set the width so to make it well suited for optimum readability.
- The main readable content area is closely controlled without having to specify a minimum and a maximum width.
- Fixed width layouts are sometimes easier to design and style.
- Text will stay easy to read no matter which browser you are on.
- If you use the fixed design, the graphic elements are integrated into fixed width design; this will not web design kingston overpower the text.
- Fixed design brings uniformity to your website.
- You are able to better control the images and other elements of your webpages because they are static on the page.
- You will know what to expect in terms of font size, images and design.
- Guarantees an easy to read line-length.
- This layout can have images that can be placed in relation to the other elements (such as images) and type sizes.
- The designer has complete control over how the page would look.
- Allows for predictable default printing behavior.
- Pages are designed to look the same, no matter what browser or operating system you use.
Disadvantages of Fixed Website Design:
- If you view a web design calgary website on a larger screen, you will have some dead space if the display is larger than the website design.
- If the screen is too small and the web site design is too big, you’ll find yourself scrolling from left to right in order to continue studying the information available.
- Text can look too narrow on quite big computer screens.
- The narrow width of the site design can limit the amount of columns and content.
- Font sizes are fixed so that they are not flexible and resizing them is impossible and not an option.