What is Fixed Website Design?
There are many choices to make while you are developing a website for your company. Many questions arise in your mind regarding content quality, e-commerce, images, etc.. However, a frequent question that comes to mind is whether the site should have a fluid or static design? Each option has its pros and cons. However, the ultimate decision depends on usability. You can go web design to websites of some companies which are well known to give quality site design in Brisbane. With all the confusion, it is essential to take the right decision. By considering few factors, it is possible to eventually have a successful layout design that will reap all benefits.
In this type of Design layout, the surrey web design agency width of the full webpage is set to a specific numerical value. It is a professional approach in which designer needs to define the width of the page irrespective of the size of the browser window. Some popular examples of these websites like CNN, Yahoo etc.. No matter what screen resolution the visitor has, they will see exactly the same width as other people. Designers with a print background often prefer them, as it remains consistent across browsers.
The design is all about when the width of your site is quantified and designed by a particular pixel width. As its name describes, this layout is fixed and is put to an immovable width; this is true no matter the user’s resolution, screen size and browser used. With the fixed design, it means that the web browser will not be able to alter the format text of the layout as they see fit. This is the most popular and frequent option for website design. With this design the width of the content is contained and stays fixed no matter what. This option is also known as the wrapper and container. This is the perfect design for those sites with a great deal of images, pictures and images. This is beneficial because the pictures will always toronto web design remain the same and will not leave the page looking cluttered and messy.
This sort of design will ensure that the webpage remains the same width no matter which screen you view the website on. This is a better choice for pictures, as too much text can annoy the users particularly if their displays are smaller than the one the website was originally designed on. This will lead to the annoying task of scrolling from left to right so to keep on reading the text. This annoyance is frequently the biggest grievance against fixed website design.
Benefits of Fixed Website Design:
- You can set the width so to make it well suited for optimum readability.
- The main readable content area is tightly controlled without having to set a minimum and a maximum width.
- Fixed width designs are sometimes easier to style and design.
- Text will remain easy to read web design kingston regardless of which browser you are on.
- If you use the fixed design, the graphic elements are integrated into fixed width layout; this won’t overpower the text.
- Fixed design brings uniformity to your website.
- You can better control the images and other elements of your pages because they are static on the page.
- You will know what to expect in terms of font size, images and design.
- Guarantees an easy to read line-length.
- This design can have images which can be placed in connection to the other components (such as images) and type sizes.
- The designer has complete control over how the page would look.
- Allows for predictable default printing behaviour.
- Pages are designed to look exactly the same, regardless of what browser or operating system you use.
Disadvantages of Fixed Website Design:
- If you view a web site on a larger screen, you will have some dead space if the display is bigger than the website design.
- If the display is too small and the website layout is too big, you’ll find yourself scrolling from left to right so as to keep on studying the information available.
- Text can look too narrow on very big computer screens.
- The narrow width of the website design can limit the amount of columns and content.
- Font sizes are fixed which means they are not flexible and resizing them is impossible and not an option.